Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 12th - 18th

Wow.. what a busy week! First, maybe I should tell you all I'm safe, despite the Tornadoes last night. I don't know the whole story, but I guess there was one in Illinois that killed a few people and lots of homes, and it was moving fast toward my area. Next thing I knew, the tornado sirens were sounding all around us, and we were told to find a basement! I guess the sirens mean there has been a funnel formed close by, and you need to take cover now. Woah..! But we're fine, and there was no tornado. That was the 2nd time since I've been here that we've had serious tornado warnings. Pretty exciting!
It really was a busy week! We had a sister specialized training on Thursday in the mission home. 70 sisters at that house at once!! woah. It was awesome though. Then my companion and I had an exchange and we went to Powell, where the mission president lives and were there for a day. Quite the learning experience. Then also Stake Conference, which was incredible! The adult session was all about member missionary work, and it was SO powerful!
Our area is coming along nicely. We have some investigators with GREAT potential. Funny story, we knocked on the door of a girl we'd talked to previously, but a man answered this time. We had barely said anything and he said, "Yeah, I know who you are. I'm actually reading the Book of Mormon right now, just out of curiosity." Woah.. Best news we'd heard all day! So he went on to explain that he's Baptist, but has some Mormon friends and such, so he downloaded the Book of Mormon onto his phone, so he could read it. He then asked probably 692 questions about missionaries and doctrine and such. It was awesome.
My new goal is reflected in a quote we heard at Sister's specialized training that was something said about Eliza R. Snow: "She walked not in the borrowed light of others, but faced the morning unafraid and invincible." Wow! What a goal to work toward! Since then, I have felt a renewed sense of strength and confidence knowing that I AM INVICIBLE, but only when I turn everything I have over to God and let Christ carry me. I love being a missionary and representing Christ. Have a good week Everyone!

Sister Carter
 70 Sister missionaries at the mission home for training.
Brother and Sister Bodily from Iona who went to a baptism in Ohio and saw Challis there. They sent an email with this picture and said "she is sooooo happy!" She looks it.

No comments:

Post a Comment