Thursday, December 26, 2013

12/26/13 Christmas Letter

This was a handwritten letter from Sister Carter:

My dear Family,

     I need to make this quick, I'm already out of time, but I wanted to write a Christmas letter.

     First, I want you to know how much I love and miss each of you. I never would have imagined it to be this hard to be away from you on Christmas. I already dread waking up Christmas morning, not being with you, but there's two things that will get me through. 1. I will get to talk to you on the phone soon.  2. There is nowhere else I'd rather be. I'm supposed to be here, representing my Savior, serving God's children. I am SO privileged to get to do this on the day we commemorate Christ's birth.

     Sometimes, when I think of how uncomfortable, difficult, and frustrating, and exhausting missionary work can be, I'm reminded of Jesus Christ. I left my comfortable home and family, just like Christ left his comfortable heavenly home. He established His church, performed miracles, then suffered and died for me, for us. Now I'm lucky enough to represent Him, to wear His name on a black shiny badge and be a witness of the wonderful things he did for us. Yes, it's hard, extremely hard sometimes, but was it easy for Christ? Is our salvation and the good news of the gospel a small thing? No! Perhaps I'm only telling you this to remind myself of why I have to be away from you this Christmas, but I hope you all know the importance of what I'm doing and keep in mind on the day we celebrate Christ's birth, that the greatest gift we can give is of infinite value - to share His restored gospel.

     I love you all so much, and I'd better hear soon about what you all did and what you got! You know what I want for Christmas? Letters! All winter long! Love you, Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment