Monday, January 6, 2014

Merry Late Christmas! 12/30/13

 Christmas Eve Party! Love the christmas socks and their christmas tree made from lampshades and a green skirt.
 Holding her first guinea pig.

 Dressing up for the holidays.
 Making "Buckeyes." It is an Ohio thing I hear. She sent some home. Peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. Yum!
 Visiting people at the dimensia home. I told her when I want a baby like that when I am old.
She said everyone has ducks in their front yard and they dress them up for game day and holidays.
 
 
I hope you all had a Fantastic Christmas! I know I sure did! It was so great to Skype my family for a little while, but it was also great to be able to visit and uplift so many people on Christmas. There are so many who have to spend it alone, and hopefully a little visit from the missionaries brightened their day!
Christmas Eve, we got to go help out at a home for dimensia patients. It was so fun. I painted a 93 yr old lady's fingernails bright purple. It was the best. They say some pretty funny things, but have such a sweet spirit.

We had Preparation day Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning, so Sister Hunger and I had our own cute little Christmas. It was way fun! We pulled our mattresses into our front room,  with our homemade Christmas tree and had a blast! We finished the Book of Mormon together that night and then read Luke 2.
We spent Christmas day visiting some of our investigators, who asked us to come on Christmas. A member loaned us a guitar, and we got to sing Christmas carols to some people. All in all, it was a Wonderful day.
The Sturtevant family  of 7 came to church this week!! I don't think I've ever been SOOOO nervous in my whole life. It was a really unique 5th Sunday/ end of the year on "Hastening the Work," and we love them so much and just wanted them to love church. AND i had to speak.  For parts of it, I was so nervous, I wasn't sure if I was going to throw up, have an asthma attack, pass out, or all 3 at once. haha. But they said they enjoyed it. Keep praying that they'll want to come back.

I hope everyone is doing well! Thank you to everyone who sent Christmas cards/ packages. It meant so much! Love you all! Remember, If we have a true spirit of Christmas, it will last much longer than Christmas time. Always talk about Christ. What he did was meant much more than to just be recognized one day of the year, but every day our entire lives. LOVE YOU!

Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment