Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year! 1/8/14

Well.. This has probably been the most exciting week out of the 12 weeks on my mission. But first things first. I just found out that I'm getting transferred somewhere and TRAINING a new missionary in a new area. Humbled? yes. Terrified? absolutely.  Heavenly Father has WAY too much confidence in me. Either that, or He's confused me with some other red head who's more prepared. ha! I think I'm feeling just a small portion of the inadequacy Joseph Smith felt as a 14 year old, asked to restore Christ's church. But clearly, the Lord has a plan. He always does.
It's been a really great week! Sia, (from Sierra Leon) accepted Baptism for January 25th. We had an amazing family Home Evening with the Sturtevant family, and the mom gave us a soft yes for baptism. Keep sending prayers their way. Such an incredible family deserves the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Well.. We hit record low temperatures this week! ha. From what we've been told, I believe it was about -15ish degrees and in the -30s and -40s with the wind chill. Add some humidity to that, and you get one really cold Sister Carter! Hand warmers are the greatest! :) 3 school days cancelled. 0 missionary days cancelled! ha. It was great! :)
I sang at another Baptism last week. That was fun. I sang "How Great Thou Art," one of my favorites. If anyone feels the urge to send me the words to "I Love the Lord," (to the tune of Be still my Soul) it would be greatly appreciated! (I already sent the lyrics to her)
In the morning, when we get ready for the day, my wonderful companion (whom I will miss so much, I want to cry) and I listen to her General Conference CDs. Something that really struck me this week was a poem our beloved prophet shared:
Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men, good timbers grow.
We all have our trials. Just remember why we have them. Remember, God wouldn't give them to a flimsy week tree that he knows will just fall over and die. He gives them to those He knows will one day stand tall and strong. Have a good week, everyone! Love you all!
Sister Carter
P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment