Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Share the Gospel with Everyone. Even Gorillas. 1/20/14

 The big neon gorilla that accepted a passalong card.
 Her new companion Sister Larsen from Utah. Sister Carter is a trainer now. She says it is overwhelming.
 Sister Carter finally broke down and bought an Ohio State sweatshirt.
This was sent via text by the family they made dinner with one night this week. 
Love those kinds of texts!
 
Dear Family,
 
Everyone needs the gospel! Even neon green Gorillas! We tried to give a Book of Mormon to a man in a gorilla costume. haha! He took a pass a long card instead, he was very nice. Apparently though, he said I talk like I'm from Wisconsin?  
The 3rd picture, I finally bought an OSU sweatshirt. Love it. Maybe I am turning into a Buckeye fan..

Well this week sure went by fast! We're still getting settled in and meeting people here. Holy Cow, we have a fantastic ward. It's great! I don't have a whole ton to report, we've just been trying to find and visiting less actives and former investigators. BUT we have a goal to find 4 new investigators this week. Not just any investigators, awesome ones.
The most difficult thing has been just managing everything on my mind. There's so much to always be thinking and praying about that sometimes I forget the little important things. Example, leaving the keys in the door. Just one example of the many silly things I've done, because my mind is processing so much all the time. Sometimes it's hard to not get really frustrated and down on myself, but that would be letting Satan win, and oh heck no, he's not winning. I've definitely needed the Atonement to help me be better every day. :)

Haha. Maybe Sister Larsen was sent to me to teach me to slow down a little. My mind (and body) moves 100 mph most the time, and her little legs have to run to keep up with me a lot of the time. haha. I just... walk with a purpose! But of course, balance in all things. 

Hope you're all doing well! love you all!

Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment