Monday, February 3, 2014

Devil Cats and Hill Billy Chili 2/3/14

Hello Everyone!

This last week is all kind of a blur.. It's been a pretty good week, not quite as productive as last week, BUT this coming week will be AMAZING. I can feel it. 
We had a ward party a "Hill billy chili cook off." I participated in the pig squealing contest. I didn't win though. :/  ha. 

Sherry, our lovely investigator CAME TO CHURCH! Now all she needs is to stop smoking. Pray for her. She's great. 

We had mission wide winter Olympics today! It was awesome! My competitiveness has not calmed down any.. ha. 

We also had New missionary training that I took  my trainee to! We got to proselyte on OSU campus! It was awesome! :) I did a musical number at the training and sang "I need Thee every Hour." and my companion played the violin. It was great! :) I LOVE it when people ask me to sing. Even if it's the night before. 

Picture #5: 3 generations! My "Mom" and my "Daughter." Yes, everyone. I am a mom now. She's about a month old now. So cute, huh? And.. not sure why my hair looks such a weird color in this picture. I miss sister Hunger SOOoooo bad. 

Picture #4: So... I don't know what it is, but ALL animals here LOVE me. Not my companions, always me. And those who know me know that.. I do NOT like cats. Well we knocked on this door, and had only been inside for a minute or two when this cat CRAWLED up my body and perched itself on my shoulders. It would walk back and forth and of course, I'm super ticklish and we were trying to teach about the gospel. ha. It was hilarious!! Brother Satterfield did always say that cats are from Satan. Now I see why. They distract me from teaching lessons. hahaha. 

Sorry for the short letter! I'm almost out of time! Have a great week!
 These are from The Great Ohio Columbus mission facebook page. Sister Carter is standing next to her mission president. He owns all of the Cafe Rios.
 At a training.
 Getting to sing "I need thee every hour" at the training while her companion plays her violin.
 Cats like her. She doesn't like cats.
Her new companion Sister Larsen, Sister Carter, her old companion Sister Hunger

No comments:

Post a Comment