Monday, April 7, 2014

Two more weeks worth of emails from Sister Carter April 2nd and April 7th

 Getting to sit with Mark Twain.
 Sister Vance from Idaho Falls.
This is how they say Newark, Ohio in Ohio. She's got an accent now.

April 2nd:

Well.. we just found out... and the results of transfers are,....... drum roll please...... WE'RE BOTH STAYING! :D Sister Larsen and I will begin our 3rd transfer in Mound Builders this week. :)

BTW, TODAY IS MY 6 MONTH MARK. Not  big deal, or anything. Crazy.. My mission is 1/4 over. I can't believe it. Time is too fast. I'll  be home in a year. Woah. 

Crazy Awesome week. So the first part of the Week I was at "Missionary Boot Camp" where they send new and shy missionaries. haha. No, I definitely don't fit that description, but my companion does, and I asked if i could go to, because I thought it would be fun. AND I WAS RIGHT! I loved it. Every minute. My companion for two days, was Sister Vance from Idaho Falls! We had so much fun together and talked to near 100 people. We got 33 phone numbers for return appointments and handed out 80ish pass along cards? It was so fun. I was so tired. haha. But I loved it. Secretly, I hope I get transferred to OSU someday. haha. LOVED BOOT CAMP!

Then we had a pretty good week here in Moundies also. We went street contacting, and taught a drunk man. That was interesting. First his name was William, then it was Larry. He wants us to come teach him more. We'll see how much he retained when he's sober. ha. 

Then I got sick. Really sick. The first time on my mission I couldn't leave my apartment, because I was so sick. But let me tell you, the CHURCH IS TRUE, and Priesthood blessings work! I feel so much better today! 

The Work is progressing! We have some interesting investigators. We're now teaching a man named James who was a former Hell's Angel and Satanist. BUT he's changed, and he's accepting the gospel. :) 

oh, and.. I"M SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE! Everyone, WATCH it! :) 

LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Carter
 
April 7th:
 
CONFERENCE WAS GREAT! Wasn't it? I loved it. So remember that talk where it says to share with your missionary what you're learning in Preach My Gospel?  You ALL now have an assignment. I prefer letter form, but either way, I'll be waiting and I will and "follow up" and Elder Ballard said. ;) 
We had a good week. I was still pretty sick, but had some cool experiences. I was so weak and tired, but when we were teaching, and the Spirit was there, I felt completely healed. It was miraculous. We had some really good lessons. One with P.J. on the Law of Tithing, which we knew would be hard for him to accept. BUT the Spirit was very strong, and he committed to living the law of Tithing. 

I loved Uchtdorf's talk on Gratitude. I think we can all better live a Spirit of Gratitude in every situation. 

 I'm so GRATEFUL for all my wonderful friends and family. Love you all, have a GREAT week! 

Sista C!

P.S. Remember the Ohio accent I mentioned briefly? Well here in Newark, it's a whole new world... I had to take a picture of this sweatshirt. This is really how they pronounce Newark Ohio. Right Along with WaRshington and Idaheau. haha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment