Saturday, May 3, 2014

3 Weeks of Emails from Sister Carter

April 14: HEeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllooooooooooooo!!!!! :D

Wow. It has been an awesome week! We had some crazy awesome success. We found 2 families this week, and had  at church, and had 7 baptismal extensions, which ALL accepted! Let me tell you, I feel so grateful and happy.This is the first time on my mission that I set HIGH goals and met and/or exceeded ALL of them.  Sometimes when we have success, I am prideful and attribute it to my own success and hard work. But this time, I can't even try to take credit. Heavenly Father has been good to us. I feel like Ammon in Alma 26 where he glories in the Lord and his brother tells him to stop, beacuse he's boasting ad he says, I'm not boasting! I'm glorifying God! Yep, that's how I feel. So grateful. So happy. 

AND THE BEST NEWS EVER: WE GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE TOMORROW!!! I haven't been in almost 7 months now. And I'm dying to go. There's just this whole inside me that can't be filled anywhere except the temple. I'm so excited. 

One of the families we are teaching is from the Dominican Republic. You have NO idea how useful Spanish would be. I will be learning it when I get home. She speaks a little bit of English, and I speak a TINY bit of Spanish. I can say things like "Dios es tu Amoroso Padre Celestial" and "La Iglesia de JesuCristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias benedice tu familia." hahah. not much.. and a few other things that aren't real helpful. Luckily, we have Spanish speakers in our ward who are willing to help translate our lessons. :) 

OH. And we did LOTS of service this week. I love service. :D We helped with the Bishop's storehouse deliveries and gardening, and cleaning at a park, and at a farm. SOOOO fun. LOVE love love service!  

except... this week was awesome except... I just found out my uncle is in the hospital and not doing too well. Will you all please say a prayer for Rob Wood and his family? thank you. 

Love you all. Have a good week. Do something COURAGEOUS this week. Give someone a Book of Mormon. :)

April 21st: Okay. So let's just say this has been the crazies, busiest, longest, shortest week ever.

 So.. last Saturday, we got in a little fender bender. Someone backed into us.

Monday: Crazy Awesome Zone Fun day. Capture the Flag in the pouring rain, volleyball, BBQ. Awesome. 

Tuesday: Trip to Columbus for TEMPLE DAYY!!!! :D Best. day. ever! I missed the temple. And I was able to receive some needed inspiration while there. :) BUT opposition in all things: We had a rough evening resulting in ME backing into someone else's car. :( Fender Bender #2. 

Wednesday: We had interviews with our Mission President and received training from our Assistants to the President.  President Nilsen gave me a much needed Priesthood blessing. After being very uplifted and inspired, of course, came more opposition. We had to go to the Emergency Room. BUT It wasn't for ME this time! ha. We thought my companion's appendix were about to explode. But now she's fine. ish. I'm definitely keeping an eye on her. and Ibuprofen in her. 

Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Crazy busy. Completely jam packed full of things to do. We had some amazing, incredibly powerful lessons though. :) 

Sunday: EASTER! 

So, I think the craziest/hardest part of this week was finding out that my uncle passed away unexpectedly. I felt slightly helpless that I couldn't be there for my family and his. But I received a lot of strength and support from my companion and especially the Spirit. This has been the most meaningful Easter to me, because of what has happened. Because Christ lived again, my uncle will too. The link attached is a video we've been showing to everyone we teach. Take the 2 minutes to watch it. You won't regret it. HAPPY EASTER! Love you all. Hang in there. We can all do this, Because of Him. 

Sister Carter

http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694
 
April 28th: Hellooooooooo Friends and family!

Well.. I was just about to write "well it has been a crazy week," but then I realized that I think I write that in EVERY weekly email. But it's true. Every week is crazy. Let's define crazy. Amazing things happen, unexpected things happen, more life lessons learned, we're insanely busy, and loving it!  
We had a great week. We had an exchange with our sister training leaders. It was awesome. I have learned so much from them. I love the way every person that is part of our lives is placed there for a specific reason. To teach us a specific lesson. Or many lessons. I LOVE my companion. She has shown me an example of Christ like love.  She is kind to me even if i don't necessarily deserve it. 

Anyways. We also had an emergency training this week. We've been having some complacency, so President had to crack down. But it was VERY inspiring. and out of Love. Some good quotes: "The only things worse than a problem is not realizing there is one." and "Once you've recognized the problem, the job is half way done." 

Do you realize that we can be whatever and whoever we want to be? It just takes work. See a problem in yourself and fix it. It's not comfortable, but "THERE'S NO GROWTH IN THE COMFORT ZONE." Sorry.. "no pain, no gain." Everything worth doing takes work. And becoming more like our Savior, so we can live with him again is worth every ounce of discomfort and pain. He thought so at least. Set a small goal to be better at. It's the best feeling to look back and see self improvement. It's worth it.

Love you all! 

Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment