Wednesday, September 17, 2014

TRANSFERRRREEEEEDDDDD! And God Loves You!

I

September 17, 2014: It's about time, huh? 9 months here in moundies, and I'm finally leaving. I won't know where I'm going or my new companion until tomorrow, but I'm really excited for my new adventure. And I've been called to be a Sister Training Leader. It's kinda like a zone leader.. but the sister version. Basically, the only difference is I will do exchanges with the sisters in my zone, and go to leadership council. It will be awesome. 

but.. I will really miss Sister Jones. She is such an incredible companion. Such a blessing to me. Luckily.. this isn't the end. We've already planned to be companions again in the future. ;) 

Hopefully there will be a better email next week! love you all! 

Sister Carter

p.s. pictures. ME FISHIN!! Me with my lovely companion. She's seriously the best. 





September 8th: The pictures are of me and my friends. One is Mark Twain.. I had to remind him that I'm a missionary. and he's too old. And One is of my companion and Eleanor (our honorary companion.) She was with us helping teach most of Saturday and Sunday. Probably the sweetest person I've ever met. And the other one is of my friends the Williams girls, in the ward. They're so sweet. They're like my sisters. LOVE THEM. 

We had a goooood week. Want to hear more about how there's opposition in all things?? Yesterday, we were looking for a former, and weren't sure where he lived. We both felt prompted about a certain door. We knocked on it. An incredible lovely woman named Sandy came out. We talked to her for about 15 mins about the church. We're going back to teach her. Her son, was playing piano on the other side of the piano. he's Autistic, but a prodigy piano player. I could FEEELLLL the Spirit as he was playing, and i couldn't even see him. I'm really excited about them. Pray for Sandy and Eric. 

OPPOSITION! Next door we knocked on: Creepy older man named Harry, who first hit on us, then got really upset when he found out we're mormons, so he talked AT us for about 10 minutes telling us to reevaluate our faith and how dumb we are that we would follow some crazy man who wrote a crazy book. and lots of other stuff, that I won't repeat. Haha. It's really hard sometimes to not say smart-aleky remarks to people who are doing that.. haha. They contradict themselves..  But we didn't. Just testified and left, like we're supposed to. ha. 

Also, I know God loves me, because....
I have REALLY wanted to go fishing in the pond behind our apt, but i haven't been able to get a fishing pole. This week, some man, probably one of the 3 Nephites walked up to me, and gave me a fishing pole. TO KEEP. Then walked away. Alright, he was actually the maintenance man, but it was sooo sweet. I also got to pet some horses this week. God loves me. And you. Don't forget it.
 Love you all!

Sister Carter

1 comment: