Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Family History

 These are all picures of a training leaders conference at the mission home.
 Love the fall colors and all these kids!

How do I always have no time?
This week:
1. I LOVE FAMILY HISTORY! We had zone conference tuesday where we found out we're allowed 3 hours/week to do family history, so we can use it as a proselyting tool. You have no idea how thankful I am! I've  been wanting to do that since the MTC! So then on Saturday (divine timing), our stake had a family History activity, and I did my first indexing, EVER! Got on Family Tree for the first time. And let me tell you. IT"S SO FUN. Really, it's like a game. You get points and there are rules, but here's the best part, YOU'RE HELPING PEOPLE IN THE SPIRIT WORLD! Much more productive than any game. So this week we'll be going to Martha's so she can help us do more. I'm SO excited! Super excited. I love it. 
2. Singing: I got to sing at zone conference "my kindness shall not depart from thee" and I got to sing to a lady in a nursing home, and at another hospital to a sister missionary who is in there sick and  her roommate and her son. and this week, I got asked to sing at the Christmas devotional! Super excited. I love singing. So privileged that people ask me to do what I love. 
3. Sandi. So she prayed about when to be baptized and decided on a date all on her own. She's so prepared! But.. she decided on... Easter. :/ But I think she'll move it up. How can you wait to be baptized?!? 
4. We tracted into a sweet lady named Lisa with the most adorable little son named Kingston. We're going back wednesday. Pray that it will be good! 
5. THANKSGIVING IS THIS WEEK! Can I just tell you? I LOVE that we have a holiday about Gratitude. I'm thankful for thankfulness. It's just the best. Here's a quote: To live with Gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven." I can testify of that. It's been an incredible tool for me recently. and do you know what i'm most thankful for? The gospel of Jesus Christ, and my family. Without a doubt. Those two. And then also.. for my mission. So I can help others have what I have.
love you all! :) happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment