Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 22nd - 28th: Phi 4:13

Hey everyone!
Happy Halloween this week. I hope it's fun for everyone.
Everything is good here. Opening an area and building a teaching pool is hard, but necessary and worth it! 
The diversity here is CRAZY. I love it though. We've met and/or taught people from Bangladesh, South Africa, Peru, Ghana, Mexico, Nepal, Italy, England, Dominican Republic, and MORE. I think Heavenly Father knew how much I love different cultures, and people and languages, so rather than sending me out of the country, He sent out of the country to ME. :D
Ohio is incredibly beautiful this time of year. So many trees and so many colors! Ahh.. I love it! The weather is a bit crazy though. We've had it all this week. From wind to rain to snow to sun to hail. BUT it's good. People are nicer and feel bad for you if you're all wet and cold. haha. 

Neatest Experience: We street contacted a man named Gdiowye (Joway) from Africa, late 20s, who only talked to us, because he was surprised we would say hi to him and he wanted to know about our name tags. He was interested in the church and we were able to go back to his house and teach him. And Holy cow, was he prepared to hear the gospel. His expression after us teaching the Restoration and hearing that Joseph Smith saw God an Jesus Christ was priceless. He said he'd read the Book of Mormon and pray to know the truth. We are giving him a chapel tour this week. He is the nicest guy, who already has an incredible relationship with God. He has strengthened my faith. When we said Book of Mormon, he said "I've Always wanted to go to Utah so i can learn more about Mormons and and their lifestyle! I've always wanted a Book of Mormon!" It was awesome. 
I got sick this week with a cold. My voice sounds like a smoker man, and I've had some crazy coughing fits, but I can't even complain! My sickness has made me way more humble.  It's made me turn every day over to God. I don't even mind being sick at all. Really, it's a strength. AND I've had another week with basically NO asthma problems. Such a blessing and miracle.
Everything is good. It's so hard, but so worth it. One of my favorite quotes is "A ship in the Harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were made for." I wasn't made to sit at home and only think about myself. I wasn't made to have no struggles. I wasn't given the blessings of the gospel to keep them to myself. I was made to be challenged and stretched and strengthened and fulfill my purpose by strengthening others along the way. I hope we can all stretch a little farther and be a little braver this week. Love you all!
Sister Carter
 Columbus in the Fall
 Sister Carter and her companion Sister Hunger

No comments:

Post a Comment